Alerts have been issued for a long list of sites across Brisbane and several flights after the escalation of the Covid-19 outbreak in the state.
Annastacia Palaszczuk plunged parts of the state into the 6 p.m. lockdown Tuesday to Friday after two new local cases were confirmed.
The Prime Minister said she was furious about one particular case – a 19-year-old woman who works at Prince Charles Hospital and was not vaccinated.
This woman was contagious in the community of Sandgate for 10 days and also traveled to Townsville and Magnetic Island.
Health officials have urged Queenslanders who have visited the close contact list to get tested and immediately quarantined, while a number of locations have been added from the holidays.
The woman went to Sandgate Woolworths on Sunday and then to Bay Health Gym.
She worked at Prince Charles Hospital Tuesday and Wednesday before flying to Townsville on a VA369 flight from Brisbane on Thursday.
She spent an hour at the Brewery Cafe at the airport between 12:20 p.m. and 1:20 p.m. before heading to Magnetic Island.
The woman returned from the island to Townsville on Sunday and visited the markets before flying Sunday on VA374 to Brisbane.
The urgent public health alert comes after warnings were issued for several Virgin flights and public toilets in Ban Ban Springs, north of the Sunshine Coast, on Monday evening.
People who traveled on specific Virgin flights between NSW, Queensland and Melbourne last week were considered close contacts and ordered to immediately quarantine and get tested.
Flights include VA9393 from Sydney to Brisbane on June 25, VA334 from Brisbane to Melbourne on June 25, VA454 from Darwin to Brisbane on June 25, VA517 from Sydney to the Gold Coast on June 26 and VA524 from the Gold Coast to Sydney on June 26.
The Ban Ban Springs women’s public restroom has been listed as an occasional exhibition site, those that used the facility on June 26 have been asked to quarantine and get tested.
Close contact exposure sites:
- Virgin flight VA9393 from Sydney to Brisbane on June 25, VA334 from Brisbane to Melbourne on June 25, VA454 from Darwin to Brisbane on June 25, VA827 Melbourne to Sydney on June 26, VA517 from Sydney to Gold Coast on June 26 and VA524 from the Gold Coast in Sydney on June 26
- Virgin flight VA369 from Brisbane to Townsville on June 24 10:10 a.m. to 12:15 p.m., Virgin flight VA374 from Townsville to Brisbane on June 27 from 1:18 p.m. to 2:55 p.m.
- Woolworths Sandgate, 8 Lagoon Street, Sandgate, June 20, 11:20 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- Marlin Bar, 3 Pacific Drive, Horseshoe Bay, June 24, 6:15 p.m. – 6:30 p.m.
- Barefoot Art Food Wine, 5 Pacific Drive, Horseshoe Bay, June 24, 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
- Peppers Resort (front reception, coffee stop), 123 Sooning Street, Nelly Bay, June 25, 11 a.m. to 11:15 a.m.
- Magnetic Island IGA, 147/153 Sooning Street, Nelly Bay, June 25 from 3 p.m. to 3:15 p.m. and June 26 from 3 p.m. to 3:15 p.m.
- The Bay Health Club, 231A Flinders Parade, Sandgate, June 20, 3:10 p.m. to 4 p.m.
- Townsville Markets, June 27, 11 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- B’s Salon and Barber Shop, 03/20/28 Oneills Road, Willowbank, June 25, 4:50 p.m. to 5:10 p.m.
- Drake Supermarket, 44 John Street, Rosewood, June 25, 5:20 p.m. – 5:25 p.m.
- Main St, Pacific Drive, Horseshoe Bay, June 25, 5:30 p.m. – 6:30 p.m.
- Thai Again Restaurant, 56 Yates St, Nelly Bay, June 25, 6:30 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.
- Cotton On, DFO Brisbane Airport, June 19, 4:10 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- Brisbane Portuguese Family Center, Ellen Grove, June 22, 7 p.m. – closing
- McDonald’s Glass House Mountains, Coochin Creek, June 22, 5:45 a.m. to 6 a.m.
- Good Life Gym Fortitude Valley and Homemaker Fortitude Valley, June 22, 7:30 a.m. to 9:45 a.m.
- Miracle Worker Massage & Holistic Therapies, West End, June 22, 9:30 am to 5 pm; June 23 from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. and June 24 from 12.15 p.m. to 5.30 p.m.
- Anytime Fitness Hamilton, Hamilton, June 22 from 4:15 p.m. to 5:15 p.m. and June 23 from 4 to 5:30 p.m.
- Coles Indooroopilly shopping center, Indooroopilly, June 22, 6 p.m. – 6:45 p.m.
- Domino’s Pizza, Sunshine Homemaker Center, Maroochydore, June 22, 9:35 p.m. to 9:40 p.m.
- McDonald’s Glass House Mountains, Coochin Creek, June 23 from 6 a.m. to 6.15 a.m.
- Goodlife Health Clubs West End – West Village, June 23, 5:15 p.m. to 7:15 p.m.
- Ampol Service Station, 132a East-West Arterial Road Hendra, June 24, 6:55 am to 7:15 am
- Zarrafas Coffee Hendra, 538 Nudgee Road or 100 East-West Arterial Road, Hendra, June 24, 6:55 am to 7:15 am
- Hendra Post Office, Hendra, June 24, 7:10 a.m. to 7:30 a.m.
- Guzman y Gomez, Shop 1/18 Stamford Road, Indooroopilly, June 24, 7:45 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- Chez Nous Cafe, 160 Roma Street, Brisbane City, June 25, 8:15 am to 8:30 am
- Market Organics, 10/620 Moggill Road, Chapel Hill, June 25, 9:10 a.m. to 9:45 a.m.
- Commonwealth Bank, Indooroopilly Shopping Center, June 25, 9:55 a.m. to 10:25 a.m.
- JB Hi-Fi, Center Commercial Indooroopilly, June 25, from 10:10 a.m. to 10:25 a.m.
- Unhas Chic Salon, Brisbane City, June 25, 12:30 p.m. to 4 p.m.
- Woolworths Metro Teneriffe, June 25, 1 p.m. to 1.15 p.m.
- Café Merlo, Level 2, Virgin Food Court, Domestic Terminal, Brisbane Airport, June 25, 1:55 p.m. to 2:15 p.m.
- Women’s washroom, left of Virgin Food Court, Domestic Terminal, Brisbane Airport, June 25, 2:05 p.m. – 2:15 p.m.
- Woolworths GasWorks, Newstead, June 25, 2:55 p.m. to 3:10 p.m.
- United Petroleum Warwick, 86 Wallace Street, June 25, 5:30 p.m. to 5:45 p.m.
- Women’s washroom between Gate 38 and Gate 39, Virgin Terminal, Brisbane Airport, June 25, 7:20 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
- Woolworths Oasis (Broadbeach), The Oasis Shopping Center, 75 Surf Parade, June 26, 1:30 p.m. to 1:55 p.m.
- BWS Bottle Shop, The Oasis Shopping Center, June 26, 1:40 p.m. to 2 p.m.
- Coffee Cart, Barge Ferry, Magnetic Island Ferry Terminal, Nelly Bay, June 27, 9:50 a.m. to 9:55 a.m.
- Flinders St Markets, Townsville, June 27, 10:30 a.m. to 12 p.m.
Access to the full list of exhibition sites is available here.