Sign up for our PoliticsNY newsletter for the latest coverage and to stay informed about the 2021 elections in your district and across New York
This year, alongside the return of world-class tennis and entertainment at the USTA Billie Jean King National Tennis Center in Flushing, the 2021 US Open returns to welcome fans with a wide variety of dining options, reflecting the dynamism and New York City culture.
After last year’s tournament went without spectators due to COVID-19, the 2021 US Open features a range of world-class chefs and restaurants hosted by the United States Tennis Association (USTA) and its hotel partner Levy.
There will be several on-site restaurants and concession areas near the courts, providing fans with the ultimate experience of premium food – from pizza and tacos to sandwiches and seafood.
âThe US Open dining experience is second to none as we bring the bold flavors of New York to fans around the world at this world-class tournament,â said Danny Zausner, USTA COO. Billie Jean King National Tennis Center. . âWe will be providing fans with a mix of new concepts and returning favorites and we are proud to support and shine a light on the New York food scene here at the USTA Billie Jean King National Tennis Center. ”
The US Open draws more than 700,000 fans throughout the tournament which runs from August 30 to September 12. US Open Executive Chef Jim Abbey and a culinary team of 250 cooks at seven restaurants, 60 concession stands and 90 suites.
Among returning favorites are new restaurants – such as Eataly, Los Tacos No. 1, Stuf’d, Stacked Sandwich Shop, San Matteo NYC, and URBAN – that will serve up delicious cuisines.
Here’s a full list of the dining options that will be on offer during the 2021 US Open tournament:
Gourmet village and concessions
Eataly: Eataly encompasses the history and culinary culture of Italy, the ease of preparing its dishes and the many qualities that Italy has to offer. Focused on providing high-quality, sustainable products for all, Eataly is the world’s largest Italian retail and dining experience, transforming the way consumers perceive food, drink and culture.
- Tagliatelle Bolognese
- Prosciutto & Mozzarella
Los Tacos n Â° 1: Los Tacos No. 1 was created after three close friends from Tijuana, Mexico, and Brawley, Calif., Decided to bring the authentic Mexican taco to the east coast. The authentic taste comes from family recipes and fresh, simple and tasty ingredients straight from home. In every Los Tacos No. 1 taco, there’s a bit of real Mexican culture and flavor.
- Carne Asada Tacos
- Tacos Pollo Asado
- Adobada Pork Tacos
- Nopal Cactus Tacos
Stuf’d (new in 2021): Stuf’d is based in Brooklyn and serves a variety of gourmet Stuf’d sandwiches.
- Ice – Garlic Buttered Texas Toast with Braised Shredded Chicken Breast, House BBQ Aioli and Colby Jack Cheese
- Corned beef – Garlic Buttered Texas Toast with Caramelized Corned Beef in Hot Mustard and Swiss Cheese
Stacked sandwich shop: Local in Forest Hills, Stacked offers sandwiches and salads using only the finest ingredients.
- Vegan muffuletta
- Stacked OG
- The Rueben
- Roast Chicken Kale Caesar
San Matteo NYC: With multiple locations in Manhattan, San Matteo NYC brings the tradition and expertise of Neapolitan pizza from Salerno, Italy, to the US Open for the first time.
URBUN: The baos and boba teas of this new addition to Backyard x17 will delight with a range of refreshing teas and mouth-watering bao rolls.
- Classic pork belly bun
- Fried eggplant bread
- Pork dumplings
- Classic Milk Tea
- Matcha Strawberry Milk Tea
At Pat LaFrieda: New York’s best meats and fresh produce return to US Open concessions:
- Filet Mignon Steak Sandwich
- Prime Rib Sandwich
- Roast Chicken Sandwich
‘Witchcraft : Clean, carefully prepared and carefully prepared food. Award-winning chef Tom Colicchio’s ‘Wichcraft’ brings his artisanal sandwiches and salads to US Open concessions this year, including:
- Grilled Flank Steak and Kale Sandwich: Flank steak, sautÃ©ed kale, roasted red peppers with aged cheddar, garlic vinaigrette, pressed ciabatta
- Roast turkey and avocado: Roast turkey, avocado, bacon, balsamic onion relish, aioli, grilled ciabatta
- Grilled Chicken and Spicy Coleslaw: Grilled chicken, avocado, coleslaw, sweet chili sambal, cream, grilled ciabatta
- Chopped Chickpea and Grilled Pepper Sandwich (vegan): Chopped chickpeas, olive tapenade, roasted red peppers, cucumber, arugula, lemon vinaigrette, grilled ciabatta
- Grilled Chicken & Avocado Salad
- Sweet corn and tomato salad
- Iced kombucha pop
EXCURSION: Celebrity Chef JJ Johnson’s innovative FIELDTRIP restaurant in Harlem will be serving his World Heirloom Rice Bowls to all fans at its Food Village location, including:
- Chicken bowl: Crispy Fried or Grilled Chicken, Carolina Gold Fried Rice, Sticky BBQ Sauce
- Braised Beef Bowl: Texas brown rice with spicy black beans, turmeric yogurt and braised beef
- Vegetable bowl: Basmati Jollof Rice, Roasted Broccoli, Vegan Cucumber Yogurt, Nana Bread
- Salmon bowl: Chinese black pineapple fried rice
- Cornmeal crusted cod: Rice with Herbs, Tartare Sauce
- Town Cobb Salad: Marinated Chicken, Boston Bibb Lettuce, Edamame, Spicy Ranch, Carrot Chili Dip, Mozzarella Cheese, Crunchy Yucca Rice, Avocado
- Bao quinoa buns: Veggie Patty, Avocado Coriander Sauce, Creamy Mozzarella, Yucca Chips
Oak : The trendiest place to satisfy those looking for lighter options, the acai bowls, will be served with fans’ choice of toppings including fresh fruit and granola.
Fuku: The Fried Chicken Shop of Chef and Momofuku Founder David Chang returns to several locations with spicy chicken sandwiches, chewy entrees and fries, and more, including the Double chicken burger.
Barbecue of the country of the hills: A New York favorite and a US Open staple for several years returns with house smoked meats and barbecue sides:
- Pulled pork sandwich: Hill Country Signature Smoked Pulled Pork and BBQ Sauce
Korilla & Poke Yachty barbecue: Korilla and Poke Yachty are featured in Food Village, serving their own take on Korean barbecue and fresh fish bowls:
- KBOP rice bowl – Bulgogi, Chicken, Pulled Pork or Spicy Tofu
Creperie Le Chef Paul: The freshly baked sweet and savory pancakes from Chef Paul Denamiel will delight fans:
- The classic : White ham, grated Emmental, Mornay sauce
- The banana : Sliced ââbananas and chocolate
Curry cooking: A staple of the US Open, Curry Kitchen returns serving Kati Roll Wraps, Lamp Handi, Chicken Tandoori, Samosa, Bread Naan and more.
Fondant bakery: Handmade and fresh daily ice cream cookie sandwiches, including two new flavors this year:
- Cinamax: Snickerdoodles with cinnamon ice cream
Evil Twin: Chocolate chip cookies with chocolate ice cream
Famous chefs and restaurants on site
Price by Alex Guarnaschelli (new for 2021): New to the US Open, discover Fare by Alex Guarnaschelli. Enjoy a seasonal menu of world-renowned chef Alex’s Green Market-inspired dishes while overlooking the fountains of the South Plaza.
Champions by Benjamin Steakhouse: One of New York’s finest steakhouses takes over from the Champions this year, serving steaks, chops, seafood and traditional sides at Arthur Ashe Stadium.
Mojito by David Burke: The menu will be a Cuban-Asian-American fusion spot and is located on the ground floor of the Arthur Ashe Stadium, near the Heineken Red Star Patio cafe.
ACE: Michelin Star recipient Chef Ed Brown and Masaharu Morimoto team up once again to wow diners at the preeminent US Open seafood stop. Customers can expect incredibly fresh and delicately prepared fish and unsurpassed artisanal maki.
Flying fish: Chef Josh Capon returns with iconic lobster rolls, poke, oyster ceviche and more at two Fly Fish concessions.
Louis Armstrong stadium concessions
Louis Armstrong Stadium offers an incredible selection of kitchens and dining environments in concessions hosted in the stadium, including:
- OMG Tacos, Ben and Jerry’s ice cream, Francs and fries, Fuku, Grand Slam grills, Gray goose bar, Heineken Bar, Korilla barbecue, Stacked sandwich shop, San Matteo NYC and Pat LaFrieda Meat Co.
Spotlight on Drinks
- Kim Crawford Wine Bar: The official US Open wine will be #MakeARacket at the Kim Crawford Wine Bar and several wine kiosks located throughout the park. In addition, their signature FrosÃ© will be served at their main bar located in the Food Village.
- Gray Goose Honey Deuce: The official cocktail of the US Open
- Gray Goose Frozen Honey Deuce: A frozen version of the official US Open cocktail will be served at several locations including the Food Village, Grandstand and Amex Lounge located in Louis Armstrong Stadium.
- Lavazza: Lavazza returns with Cookie Crema-espresso, a new special treat made with coffee sorbet and served in an edible cookie mug, available at their Food Village store
- Pineapple Green Tea (Poke Yachty): A tropical twist on green tea
- Fresh lemonade (Korilla barbecue)
- Boba tea (Urbun): Rose milk tea – Rose, black assam milk tea, tapioca pearls