(WSVN) – Give your grilled shrimp a crisp, spicy punch. That’s what’s cooking tonight as we grab a bite to eat with Belkys.
Leader: Yesemis Gomez
Restaurant: Unit B Restaurant and Spirits, Pembroke Pines
The dish: Thai coconut curry shrimps
6 large shrimp – head up, shell removed
3 tablespoons of olive oil
1 tablespoon of olive oil
1 small yellow onion, thinly sliced
1 tablespoon of freshly grated ginger
1 large red pepper, thinly sliced
1 tablespoon of brown sugar
2 tablespoons of lime juice
1 tablespoon of fish sauce
2 tablespoons of chopped cilantro
1 can of coconut milk
2 tablespoons of chopped garlic
2 tablespoons of Thai red curry paste
Salt and pepper to taste
Ingredients for Ginger Garlic Rice:
1 tablespoon of chopped garlic
1 tablespoon of grated ginger
2 tablespoons of olive oil
2 cups of jasmine rice
4 cups of water
Salt to taste
Ingredients for the garlic crisps:
2 cups finely chopped garlic
3 cups of vegetable oil
Instructions for shrimp:
- In a small bowl, add the shrimp and swan with the salt, pepper and olive oil mixture.
- Place on a hot grill and cook until pink.
Instructions for Thai coconut curry:
- In a large skillet, add 1 tablespoon of olive oil and turn the stove on to medium-high heat.
- Then add the onions, red pepper, ginger and garlic to the pan and sautÃ© until softened.
- After this step, add the brown sugar to the vegetables and stir until it dissolves.
- Add the coconut milk, fish sauce and curry paste and continue to stir.
- Simmer over medium to low heat for about 15 minutes.
- Finally, add lime juice, chopped cilantro, salt and pepper to taste.
Instructions for garlic and ginger rice:
- Start by adding olive oil, garlic, and ginger to a pan until it begins to sizzle.
- Then add the rice and stir until coated with oil.
- Then add the water and salt and bring to a boil.
- When it comes to a boil, lower the heat and cover for 10 min.
Instructions for garlic chips:
- Using a mandolin utensil, mince the garlic until very fine.
- Add minced garlic to a small saucepan and add water to cover.
- Turn the stove on to high heat, bring to a boil and boil for 30 seconds.
- Strain the water and place the garlic on a baking sheet and dry the garlic with a paper towel.
- Heat the oil in a medium saucepan, add the garlic and fry until it turns a golden brown color.
On the plate:
- Spread a generous layer of curry on a plate, create a bed for the ginger and garlic rice in the center of the plate, place the shrimp on top and place the garlic chips on top.
Food and Spirits Unit B
(Located in the shops of Pembroke Gardens)
610 SW 145th Terrace
Pembroke Pines, Florida 33027
Copyright 2021 Sunbeam Television Corp. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.